Anthony Travel, Official Travel Partner of Global Football

Travel Resources

Travel Tips

Yes, a passport is required for any person traveling outside of the United States.
A passport establishes your identity and U.S. citizenship. It also guarantees your
admittance back into to the U.S. following an international trip.

Click here to download passport applications. This site includes new, renewal,
amendment and replacement applications from the State Department webpage
(free of charge). You can also visit a local passport acceptance office and ask for a
blank application or request one by mail. Read carefully the State Department’s
rules on downloaded passport applications.
To obtain a passport you must provide:

  • Proof of citizenship. Click here to obtain a copy of your birth certificate
  • Proof of identity
  • Two (2) color passport photos
  • Social security number
  • Application & fees. Click here for information on passport application costs

Passports can take up to 10 weeks to be processed and returned. You should allow
plenty of time before your expected travel date to receive your passport. If you
need a passport immediately, the U.S. State Department can expedite the passport
application. Click here for more information on expedited passport requests.
You are encouraged to send in your renewal, amendment or application by express
courier service (such as FedEx or UPS) and include a pre-paid airbill to return the
passport by express courier.

A visa is a document that some countries require in addition to your passport,
in order to travel within their borders. Many European and Caribbean countries
do not require visas but it is best to check this website. Visa requirements are different for all countries and can change over time, so be sure to check the
status of your destination.

Anthony Travel does not require travel insurance, but we recommend it for all of our travelers. If a situation arises that prohibits travel, insurance may offer protection that covers costs, insures travel and assists while you are abroad.
You may choose to either purchase or decline the coverage offered. Before purchasing a policy, be sure to review all of the policy’s exclusions to ensure thata specific policy is right for you and your particular trip.
Travel insurance may be booked through your individual health care provider. Anthony Travel recommends Travel Guard, which can be found by clicking here (enter the group number 45657010 when ordering). Be sure to purchasethe program within 14 days of your initial trip deposit date in order to takeadvantage of the Pre-existing Conditions Waiver.

Should you become ill while traveling, you will receive prompt and adequate care. Please note that you will be responsible for immediate expenses of any doctor or hospital visit, unless prior arrangements have been made. Contact your university or insurance carrier to determine your overseas coverage.

You have several options when it comes to exchanging currency. You can exchange your money at some banks and currency exchange outlets before you depart, however, we recommend you wait until reaching your destination. The most convenient exchange method is through an ATM. ATM cards are widely accepted throughout Europe and generally give you the best exchange rate. ATM’s usually require a PIN to identify your credit/debit card. You will need to contact your credit card company or bank in order to set up a PIN if you do not already have one. It is also recommended to contact your bank with specific questions regarding fees and eligibility. Traveler’s checks are also accepted at some places, but they may require more time to exchange. Many exchange outlets and banks will also accept U.S. cash dollars in exchange for the local currency. Please be aware that some places charge commission or adjust the exchange rate. International exchange rates change on a daily basis. Be sure to write down the exact exchange rate of your destination before departure to ensure you get a similar rate.

Do not assume you will be able to communicate in English with everyone you meet overseas. We recommend learning a few key words and phrases in yourdestination’s native tongue to help you communicate with the locals.

We recommend checking official weather reports for the area(s) in which you will be traveling. It is beneficial to research the climate of your destination to get an idea of the conditions so you will better know what to pack and what to expect.

Flights vary depending on distance, amount of stops and direction of travel. You can check with your airline reservations to find the exact time of departure and landing. Often the airline can tell you the duration of your flight or trip. Remember, the departure and arrival times listed apply to the local time of the corresponding city. To learn more about international time zones, click here.

Not always. The outlets abroad may support a plug that looks different than the one used in the U.S. and may use a different voltage. Most U.S. outlets are 110V while most European outlets are 240V. Check the power standards of the country you are visiting. Some devices only work on 110V (U.S. standard) and therefore need a converter. Also check the documentation for your device to determine what you need.

If you plan on traveling with electrical devices, we recommend going ahead and purchasing a converter kit before departing as they can be very expensive abroad. These can be found at most hardware and electronic stores.

Overseas coverage varies, so check with your mobile service provider. Many carriers offer international coverage plans, but keep in mind roaming charges may be very high. Ask your carrier if your existing phone will work in your country of travel, and whether you will be able to get both voice (phone) and data (email/web) services.

If your carrier does not have an international coverage plan, or is suitable for you, there are other options. Once you arrive in your country of travel, you may rent a cell phone, buy a disposable phone or purchase a SIM card compatible with your existing phone. Please make sure to review the capabilities, limits and charges of your new cell phone plan.

Most laptops have both WIFI (802.11) and wired Ethernet ports that can be used in many hotels and convention centers around the world. Check your computer manual for basic instructions on configuring Windows 7, Windows 10 and Apple Mac computers. There are other alternatives if wireless and Ethernet service is not available, including cellular cards, WIFI hot spots and dial-up connections at your hotel.